Hi guys, you are welcome to my blog. Guess what?
2020 could be YOUR year.
Don’t settle for mediocre. There is potential for 2020 to be the best year of your life. It’s all about the choices you make and how you react to the things that happen to you. If you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, now is the time to start thinking about changes you can make next year to improve your lifestyle.
And I’m not talking about New Year’s resolutions. 95% of the time, they don’t work. The mistake people make with resolutions is that they go into it with the mindset that the change will be temporary. If you really want to be happier or have an improved lifestyle, the changes you make need to become habits. Not all of them have to be big adjustments, either. If you turn a small lifestyle change into a habit, you could see a HUGE difference.
What facilitates happiness?
It’s different for everyone. Honestly, a lot of it is perspective, or how you look at things. But physical aspects also affect your mood. On the list below, I’ve included both physical and mental adjustments you can make to feel happier. I have felt happier since I started having a more positive mindset. I also began eating healthier and exercising. Even with the physical changes I made, I noticed that I felt so much happier and more energetic.
No matter who you are or what your situation is, I think you will benefit from many of the changes included in this list. Let’s get into it.
Here are 49 ways you can be happier in 2020:
- Forget about New Year’s resolutions. Instead, form good habits that last.
- Regulate your sleep schedule.
- Start your day doing something you love. Whether it’s journaling, going for a jog, or reading a book, it will clear your head and motivate you to take on the day.
- Practice gratitude daily.
- Spend less time on social media.
- Spend more time with yourself, and make the most of it.
- Trade Netflix for a Skillshare subscription. Learn something new!
- Purge toxic people from your life and surround yourself with positive influences.
- Start a personal development journal.
- Be patient with yourself. Long-term improvements take time!
- Try a new hobby every once in a while.
- Be more honest with yourself.
- Appreciate the little pleasures in your life.
- Exercise more, even if that just means going for a short walk every day. Find an activity you enjoy!
- Challenge yourself more often.
- Make the most out of every day. Don’t sit around and let time slip away.
- Be mindful of what you put into your body.
- Discover which healthy foods you love and incorporate them into your diet frequently.
- Limit your alcohol consumption.
- Don’t just dream—work toward making your dreams a reality.
- Evaluate your life each month and find areas where you can improve.
- Always make an effort to be kind. Kindness will attract positive energy into your life!
- If you ever feel like you need help, don’t be afraid to ask for it.
- Celebrate every win, no matter how big or small.
- Learn to accept your flaws.
- Be more willing to try new things. It will make your life interesting!
- Travel often, even it’s just an hour or two away. Experience new places!
- Make more time for the things you love, and spend less time on things you don’t enjoy.
- Stand up for yourself and say “no” more often.
- Look deep within to discover your purpose in life.
- Stop making excuses and take responsibility for your actions, even when you mess up.
- Learn to forgive yourself when you make a mistake.
- Stop worrying about past experiences. Live in the now!
- Make more time for you, and practice self-care regularly.
- Turn negative self-talk into encouraging self-talk.
- Allow yourself to fully express emotions instead of bottling them up inside.
- Organize your home and workspace. Getting rid of the clutter will relieve stress!
- Create a routine that works for you and try to stick to it.
- Be more vulnerable and willing to open up to others about your feelings.
- Start a creative project that is fulfilling for you, and spend your free time working on it instead of watching TV or playing video games.
- Learn to laugh at yourself instead of taking things seriously all the time.
- Work to improve your self-esteem.
- Create a budget for yourself and stick to it. Good money management skills will save you so much stress!
- Wear clothes that make you feel great about yourself.
- Discard perfectionism. Instead, just do your best and learn from your mistakes.
- Let go of self-doubt and chase your dreams!
- When bad things happen, try to look on the bright side.
- When you’re bored, find something productive to do.
- Always be yourself!
Thanks for reading!
Let me know what you think of this post. If you try out any of the ideas in the list, leave me a comment below and let me know how it goes. Be the first to get notified whenever I post, turn on the post notification.